Don't Miss Out - Stay at Wagtail Country Park
Great local pubs to eat and drink:
- Royal Oak at Long Bennington
- Reindeer at Long Bennington
- Stag at Barkston (Dog friendly)
- Hare and Hounds at Fullbeck
- Recruiting Sergent at Great Gonnerby (Dog friendly)
- Brownlow Arms at Hough on the Hill
- Windmill at Redmile
- Ramada Resort Hotel at Marston - Ramada Special Offer! Must pre book
£10 per person per day for gym, swimming, sauna, steam and jacuzzi.
10% off all spa treatments
The area boasts some of the best golf courses in the country!
Local Attractions and Places to Visit including National trust: Details & Information can be obtained at reception or e mailed you at time of booking
- Country & Manor Houses
- Statley Homes & Castles
- Easton walled gardens
- Downtown Shopping Complex & Boundary Mill on opur doorstep
- Garden centres at Downtown and Belton
- Bowling, Quad bikes, Go karting & Laser Tag at Ancaster
- RAF Air bases and Museums
- Information available to email - The villages of Marston and Hougham are surrounded by agricultural land and have the River Witham running through them. The villages offer three wonderfull circular walks of 2.5 miles, 5 miles and 7 miles, to cater for all abilities, starting from the Marston Village Hall car park and using the country's bridal-ways. You could also try the Foston Walks, our next village again 3 lovely walks, 'Fossil Trail Walk'- 'The Two Bridges Walk' and 'The Foston Circuit Walk'For further information visit - www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/countryside
Downtown Garden Centre and Superstore including a Boundry Mill Outlet which is well worth a look and only 5 mile away.
Belton House (National Trust
- Visit one of the finest restored houses in the country. Built in the late 17th century for ‘Young’ Sir John Brownlow with gardens that cover 35 acres, together with a magnificent 1,000 acre landscaped park. Featured in the BBC’s TV adaptation of Pride and Prejudice starring Colin Firth. Excellent National Trust coffee shop.
Grantham Soaked in History
- Birth place of Margaret Thatcher. Visit the Angel & Royal Hotel (Great Food) is one of the oldest Inns in England. Some say that The Old Angel has more historical interest than many of our stately homes in the United Kingdom. Widely regarded and fondly known as the oldest surviving English Inn, the main façade of the building that stands today was built approximately 600 years ago. King John held court there in 1213.
Historical Market Town of Newark
- Regular guided tours take place in the castle. In the summer, brass band concerts take place on Sunday afternoons in the castle grounds and river trips take place daily. Newark is well known for antique shops and The Show Ground featuring an annual County Show and regular antique fair.
- Great place to visit, with breathtaking views across the Vale of Belvoir. Inside the castle are many notable collections, from the military treasures in the guardroom to the stunning staterooms. In contrast to the grandeur of the State Rooms, the Old Kitchen and Bakery will fuel your imagination of ‘below the stairs’ life in 1825. The Peacock Inn, food comes well recommended.
Town of Southwell
- Delightful market town which has much to offer the visitor. It has a rich historical and architectural heritage, including the magnificent Minster - The Workhouse (National Trust) and Reg Taylors Garden Centre enjoying breakfast or lunch in there delighful cafe.
Ancaster Karting, Quads, Paintball or Bowling
- Custom built, profesional kart circuit which operates to the highest standards. The unique 1200 metre outdoor kart circuit creates two individual circuits that will challenge every karting skill level and provide safe
- Ancaster Paintball offers a large, professionally run site that boasts some of the best paintball playing terrain in the country, with many different paintballing game fields to choose from.
- Quad Bike Trek comprises of quad trekking through woodland, navigating towering hills and hollows, ploughed fields, grassland and the historic valley.
- 10 pin bowling alley six lane providing fun for all the family.